Kick up your heels in Jewish Cuba
Cuba (with optional Caribbean extension)
More information: Contact Caryn Farber: firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8324 1473
Celebrate a Shabbat in Havana like you've never done before with a Jewish community that has been revived from near extinction. Share in an unforgettable experience of daily life and Jewish culture on the island today.
- Walk through the city’s Old Jewish Quarter to Adath Israel, Havana's traditional Orthodox synagogue.
- Tour the Patronato Synagogue and visit the Community Center, Sunday school, and pharmacy. The Patronato features a full library, with an impressive collection of Jewish books that is a popular source of reference and education for Jews throughout Cuba.
- Spend Shabbat morning at the Sephardic Hebrew Center, the only Sephardic synagogue in Havana, founded in 1954.
- Participate in Havdalah with the Jewish community, followed by an exciting Israeli dance troupe performance.
Please consider a meaningful gift to help support The Joint’s rescue, relief, and renewal programs around the world.
* All trips are subject to change, with a maximum & minimum number of participants